I found the best solution for me is to find a way for my students to practice their reading skills independently. I made Sentence Shuffle Centers that can be set up as a literacy center or folder activity. I have Sentence Shuffle Centers that are on reading levels K-5 so you can use these with your students below level, on-grade level, and enrichment.
- Put the cards into 3 stacks by color.
- Choose one card from each stack.
- Arrange the cards to make the cards into a sentence. HINT: Find the card that begins with a capital letter.
- Read the sentence. These sentence can be real sentences or nonsense sentences.
- Choose 3 more cards and read the sentence.
- Keep doing this until you've used all of the cards.
- You may shuffle the cards and make new sentences if you have time.
- Complete one of the writing extension assignments.
I added page protectors to store the words cards. There are also page protectors for the writing extension assignments. I keep the direction and shuffle card page in the front and back pocket.
- Let's Rhyme!
- Listen to the End!
- Listen to the Beginning!
This packet is available at my TPT store.
Click on the picture to go to my store.
FREE Fluency Fun - Sentence Shuffle Center