- Mini book - perfect for your reading group lessons and then send it home
- Built It *Write It*Draw It - works on sentence structure, fine motor skill, reading, decoding, and art.
- Interactive Journal printables - these can be used with notebooks or glued on construction paper.
Each Sentence Shuffle Center has word phrase cards. There are 8 sentences included. There is a black and white version which is ink friendly. This picture shows the black and white version which I copied on colorful paper. Students stack the phrase cards on the special page that is included in the packet.
Students take one card from each stack to make a sentence. Sentences may be real or nonsense sentences. If there is time, students may shuffle the cards and make new sentences.
After they finish reading sentences, they complete a writing assignment. There are 3 different writing assignments so you can differentiate this center. (see picture below)
There are 3 different printables included to use with interactive journals. Assignments include:
Beginning, middle, end: use it with any book about the Mayflower
Mayflower facts: shown in the picture above
Mayflower: write and draw things about the Mayflower. This is open-ended so you can adapt it to fit your class' needs.
8 Build It*Write It*Draw It worksheets are included.
- Cut up the words
- Put the words in the correct order
- Glue the words in box
- Copy the sentence on the line
- Illustrate the sentence
Have you seen my other Thanksgiving themed Sentence Shuffle trio?