Are you looking for a writing center that you can set up up for the entire month of February? It is a center that is quick and easy to set up. Once your students learn the format the first week, you (hopefully) won't have to spend too much time go over instructions for the center the following weeks. Each week your students will complete a writing assignment. There are two to choose from. One has three words and the other has the three words from the first assignment plus an additional word.
There are group signs included in case you put your students in writing ability groups. There are also 9 extension cards that you can use to differentiate these assignments. The signs include:
- Circle the vowels
- Underline the blends
- Color the boxes with -r controlled vowels
- Picture should have enough details to show the setting
- Picture should have enough detail to show what is happening
- Use at least 5 colors in your picture
- Writing assignment #1: Use each word in a sentence
- Writing assignment #2: Write a story using the words on your assignment
- Writing assignment #3: Write a story using at least 6 words from the word bank
The Groundhog Day assignment includes the following words: groundhog, sun, cloud, and shadow.
The dental health assignment includes the following words: smile, tooth, toothfairy, and money.
The Presidents' Day assignment includes the following words: Lincoln, Washington, country, and President.
The Valentine's Day assignment includes the following words: valentine, give, heart, and friends.
The Valentine's Day assignment includes the following words:
I also have other Trace, Write, and Draw packets. Here are a couple of them. There are more in my store.