Thanks to the internet, incorporating music throughout your day is easy. There are many free and inexpensive sources available with just a few clicks.
Music can be used to set the atmosphere of your class. Play music when your students arrive in the morning. Songs you might want to try:
- Play before your lesson begins to set the theme. Ask your students to guess the topic of the lesson based on the music.
- Play background music during work time. Instrumental music and classic music are good choices for this.
- Celtic music - 2 hours
- Adrian von Ziegler - 10 hours
- Piano Music to Sleep and Study - 1 hour
- Mozart4Kids - 42 minutes
- Play quick tempo music when your students are sleepy or need a stretch break. A great thing to do on Monday mornings!
- Use different songs for different tasks. I like to use theme songs. Example:
Music can enrich your holiday lessons, too.
Veterans Day themed music includes:
Tribute to All Veterans and Service Members
Thanksgiving music videos:
Nakai: Earth Spirit - Native American music
Less than 1 minute
Native American Indians Spiritual Vocal Shamanic Music
Sacred Spirit - Chants and Dances
Click HERE to view to this.
Do you study Christmas Around the World?
On Spotify, you can listen to a free version of the instrumental music by West Edge String Quartet from the Christmas Around the World album. Use the following songs when you study these countries:
- Carol of the Bells: Ukraine
- Wexford Carol: Ireland
- The First Nowell: England
- A La Nanita Nana: Spain
- Riu, Riu, Chiu "El Lobo Rabioso": Spain
- Coventry Carol: England
- In the bleak midwinter: France
- Silent Night: Austria
Would you rather listen to an advertisement-free version of this album? Click HERE to purchase a copy.
Do your students study other countries in social studies? Do they write research reports or make a powerpoint presentation about their findings? Why not include the national anthem of the country that they are studying? Here are a few examples:
Are you starting a weather unit? Play one of these songs:
The videos with music below are versatile. Set these up as a computer center, show during inside recess, play the music during circle time or cleanup time.
- 100 Minutes Non-Stop Fun Songs - Nursery rhymes and other songs for kids.
- 110 Minutes Compilation for Children - Itsy Bitsy Spider plus more popular songs.
- BINGO Song + More Class Rhymes - 55 minutes
- Five Little Ducks + More Rhymes - 100 minutes
How do you incorporate music?
Sources to make my blog post graphics can be found HERE. Click HERE to read my blog's disclosure statement.